Are you dynamic enough to take your DDP training even further
Are you a DDP Practitioner and want to be a part of an innovative new wave of training for families in the social care system?
Our courses focus on transforming the lives of Foster Carers, Special Guardians, Adopters and Professionals using a mix of immersive technology and experiences as well as workshop and web-based teachings.
With incredible results and industry backing we are now able to reach out to even more families and people and that’s where you come in.
We are looking for DDP trained individuals, passionate about bringing about change to peoples’ lives and who can deliver The Cornerstone Partnership’s Restorative Parenting training programme.
Our next sessions of Train The Trainer are being held in November. (See specific dates below).
Our Restorative Parenting Training Programme;
As adopters ourselves, we know the importance of early and easy access to training in order to effectively care for children who have suffered trauma. Our programme takes expert theory and combines this with the ‘Lived Experience’ to create a truly holistic training experience which has lasting impact.
It is aimed at adopters, foster carers, special guardians across assessment and placement, as well as professionals.
The two programme components are:
- A Dyadic Developmental Practice (DDP) informed 3-Day Group Work combining ‘Beginning Attachments’, written by Anne-Marie Tipper a DDPI board member and the ‘Lived Experience’ of being an adopter. This focuses on attachment theory, neuroscience and PACE parenting skills
- A series of 9 webinars on key topics related to caring for traumatised children e.g. filial skills, contact etc.
What others say:
The Cornerstone Partnership’s Restorative Parenting Training Programme has received overwhelming positive feedback and shown positive outcomes;
A report by CoramBAAF’s Impact and Evaluation Team found that:
- 94% of adopters felt the course equipped them with the effective techniques and strategies to parent an adoption child
- 94% of those who had a child placed with them said the course would, or already has, benefitted their adopted child
- Adopters considered the training being co-facilitated by an adopter and a therapist key for helping them understand how to apply the learning
- Adopters in early placement stage said RPT helped them think about what sort of children they could parent effectively
- RPT and mentoring on top of the standard Stage 2 adopter training made adopters more ‘appealing’ to matching panels and as a result, a high proportion of Cornerstone adopters were matched with children outside their own local authority
Cornerstone has also been mentioned in several Ofsted reports, including Bracknell Forest, July 2017 – Adoption performance: Outstanding – quoted:
“Adopters value highly the support received during the recruitment process from a regional social enterprise company funded by the Department for Education innovation fund. They spoke highly of the training and support through the peer mentoring and adopter-led training, and regarded a bespoke, evidenced-based, therapeutic parenting programme highly.”
We are holding a Train-the-Trainer 3 day event, run by Anne-Marie Tipper the creator of ‘Beginning Attachments’ on:
- Friday, November 3
- Friday, November 10
- Friday, November 17
Successful completion of the Train-the-Trainer event will enable you to become part of The Cornerstone Partnership’s roll-out of Restorative Parenting training across the UK.
For more information or for an application form firstname.lastname@example.org
Helen and Clare